Spending Mother’s Day Outdoors
Ideas for Mom
Have you made plans for Mother’s Day? Last minute reservations can be tricky, and unless Mom wants to eat out late or take a rain check for another date, you might be better off keeping things low-key this year. With the spring weather finally here and the grass nice and green (hopefully!), why not switch things up and plan an outdoor activity for your Mother’s Day celebrations? Enjoy the gorgeous weather and breathe in some fresh air! We’ve put together some ideas to help get your creative juices flowing.
- Picnic in the Park: Don’t want to reserve a table? No problem! Kick back, relax and enjoy the sun while enjoying the simplicity of a picnic with your loved ones. And no need to spend a fortune – fruit, bread and cheese are a few delicious, inexpensive picnic staples. Consider munching out by the local waterfront for an added touch of class!
- Backyard BBQ: If you don’t want to opt for a picnic and would rather stay close to home, why not host a backyard BBQ, celebrating your mom and all of the other lovely mother figures in your life? Relax with your family and friends and give yourself an excuse to pull out that patio furniture! Visit your local dollar store to add a little Mother’s Day pizazz to your space and don’t forget to grill up some of Mom’s favorites!
- Do Some Gardening: Who doesn’t love getting a little dirty in the garden, especially when the weather is this beautiful? Head over to Mom’s with some lovely flowers and gardening supplies in tow and get to digging! Your day will not only be fun-filled, but your gift will last all season long. Enjoy a cool lemonade to unwind and you’re all set!
- Outdoor Movie: If you’re looking for another activity to accompany your picnic by the waterfront or backyard BBQ, try setting up an outdoor movie and enjoy one of your mom’s favorite films once the sun goes down! Pull out some pillows and blankets and project the showcasing film on a white wall or projection screen, or instead, relax on the deck and stream something on your laptop or iPad. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Visit Your Local Market: In preparation of your outdoor meal, visit your local market for some fresh finds including yummy fruits and vegetables, handmade gifts and fresh-cut flowers. Enjoy the sun, while getting some exercise and spending some much-deserved time with Mom.
Mother’s Day should be special, not stressful. This year, plan an outdoor adventure for Mom – she’ll love it and so will you!
Brought to you by Weed Man: we care for your lawn.